Community Centre for Recovery
February 2017 – Decembre 2018
We struggle to establish The Community Center for Recovery in Prague, which offers a wide range of activities, leading to integration of people with mental illness into regular life in society and reinforcement of social cohesion.
Between main principles of the Community Center is participation of people who have experience with mental illness (so called peer trainers) in activities and also public involvement. Activities of the Center are based on Recovery Concept, which motivates people with mental illness to take an active role in everyday life and self care and to learn to manage and ease their difficulties, and could lead them to a satisfying and fulfilling life with an illness.
Establishment of The Community Center for Recovery is inspired by the educational model called Recovery Colleges, which lately have been developed in Great Britain.
- Interships in CNWL Recovery & Wellbeing College in London
- Cycle of nine workshops focused on the support of recovery and involvement of participants to the community.
- The Story of my Recovery
- Self Management
- Financial Literacy
- Social Networks
- Stigma and Self-stigma
- Interpersonal Relations in Recovery
- How to Communicate with the Doctor
- Regular literaly and theatre workshops and performances
- Public lectures and discussions about the life with mental illness in the libraries in Prague leading by the peer specialists
Do you want to know more? Do you want to cooperate with us? Please contact:
Veronika Kapková, study adviser and peer specialists
+420 608 155 507, email@example.com
Petra Kubinová, project manager
+420 774 393 704, firstname.lastname@example.org